The councils financial year runs from 1 April to the 31 March every year. Each year the council sets a budget, which determines the council tax precept. Work begins on the budget in the Autumn of the previous year and the final decision is usually made in the February before the start of the financial year.
The council is also required to submit and publish an annual governance statement (AGAR) which:
- Includes a summary of the councils accounts for the financial year.
- Includes a number of statements in relation to the council’s governance arrangements.
- Includes the council’s internal auditors opinion regarding the accounts
- Explains any significant changes to previous years
- Includes, once work has been completed, the findings of the council’s external auditor in relation to the accounting statements.
These documents can be found, arranged by year, on this webpage.
Transparency Data 2023-2024 Grants (None)