Lake Parish Council plays an active part in all local planning issues.
It is probably the area of the Council’s role that is best known to the community and which can be of the most importance. If you wish to access current Planning Applications, you can view them below. To view any other Planning Applications click here and select ‘Lake’ from the Parish list to show the applications.
Current Planning applications
- Oak tree – Take tree down to first branch union (approx 4/5 metres above ground level), remove dead, split and damaged boughs.
35 Fir Tree Close Shanklin Isle Of Wight PO37 7EX
- T1; Beech (Fagus sylvatica) – Remove significant deadwood, crown thin and reduce overhang to car park approximately 25-30%. To reduce encroachment, excessive density and provide general maintenance. T2; Holm Oak (Quercus ilex) – Reduce overhang to rear of no.1 (total approximately 15-20%). To reduce encroachment and maintain.
Sunnyside Gardens Talbot Road Lake Sandown Isle Of Wight PO36 8NL
- G1; 4 x Leyland Cypress (Cuppressucyparis x Leylandii) to include 1 dead stem with no canopy – Dismantle and replant with species in keeping with area. These trees offer little to the landscape and one has recently failed onto the neighbours shed.
1 Lake Green Road Lake Sandown Isle Of Wight PO36 9HW
Planning Application decided
- Demolition of conservatory; proposed single storey side and rear extensions; alterations
26 Merrie Gardens Lake Sandown Isle Of Wight PO36 9QJ
- 1 x Oak Tree – Reduce by 2-3 metres and balance crown, deadwood.
59 The Fairway Lake Sandown Isle Of Wight PO36 9EG